§ 1 Name and Seat
1 The name of the association is "Dehler 30 OD Klassenvereinigung".
2. the association has its seat in Osnabrück.
3. the association shall be registered in the register of associations at the district court of Osnabrück and after registration shall bear the suffix "e.V.". It shall become an extraordinary member of the German Sailing Association (DSV) and shall adhere to its rules and regulations.
§ 2 Purpose of the Association
1. The association pursues exclusively and directly non-profit purposes in the sense of the section "tax-privileged purposes" of the tax code.
2. the purpose of the class association is the promotion of recreational and competitive sports with the Dehler 30 OD boats, which comply with the drawings, construction and class regulations of the International Dehler 30 OD Class Rules 2020.
3. the purpose of the statutes is realized in particular by:
- Class management
- Events, assistance in the organization of regatta events.
- Arrangement of the announcement for regattas exclusively by association clubs of the DSV in compliance with the rules of the DSV, World Sailing and the announcing club
- Representation of interests in and towards national and international associations, authorities and other institutions, towards the DSV and the press
- Public relations
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with interested parties
- Supervision of the uniformity of the boats according to the construction regulations and measurement of the boats
- Organization and realization of training events including support and training of young sailors
- Operation of a homepage
The issuing of the measurement letters and the associated sail numbers shall be carried out exclusively by the German Sailing Association.
§ 3 Selflessness, use of funds
1 The association is selflessly active, it does not primarily pursue its own economic purposes.
2. funds of the association may only be used for the statutory purposes. In their capacity as members, the members of the Association shall not receive any donations or shares in profits from the Association's funds that conflict with the purpose of the Articles of Association.
3. furthermore, no person may be favored by expenses that are alien to the purpose of the association or by disproportionately high remuneration.
4. the members of the board are basically working on an honorary basis (free of charge). However, the board is authorized to pay the board members a lump-sum expense allowance up to the amount of the honorary office lump-sum allowance permitted by tax law according to § 3 No. 26 a EStG (German Income Tax Act).
§ 4 Membership
a) Acquisition of membership
Members of the Dehler 30 OD Class Association can become all natural or legal persons of any age as ordinary or supporting members, who agree to the purpose stated in § 2 and recognize the provisions and resolutions of the Class Association as binding. Membership is granted by written declaration (application for membership) to the Board of Directors and its approving decision on the application. In the case of minors, the written declaration of consent of a legal guardian is required.
An appeal against a negative decision of the board can be lodged within one month of receipt. The members present at the next general meeting shall decide on the appeal by simple majority.
Particularly deserving persons can be awarded honorary membership by a simple majority of the ordinary general meeting.
b) Termination of membership
Membership shall be terminated by death, resignation or exclusion from the Association.
Resignation is only possible at the end of the calendar year and must be notified to the Executive Board no later than three months before the end of the year by an informal written statement; in the case of underage members by written notification from their legal guardian.
A member may be expelled by the Executive Board upon written application if he or she intentionally and in a gross manner acts contrary to the interests of the Association.
The application for exclusion shall be forwarded to the member concerned with the possibility of submitting written comments to the Board within a period of three weeks. The board decides on the application with a 2/3 majority. The decision on the exclusion is to be sent by registered mail.
The member concerned may lodge an objection against the decision of exclusion within one month of receipt of the notice, which must be decided upon by the next ordinary general meeting. Until the decision of the general meeting, the rights of the member are suspended.
The statement of the member concerned shall be made known to the general meeting together with the previously sent agenda. The members present shall decide on the objection by simple majority.
If no objection is made or if the deadline for objection is missed, the exclusion is legally effective upon expiration of the deadline.
Members shall have no claim to the assets or parts of the assets of the Association after their expulsion and shall lose all rights established by membership.
c) Membership fees
Membership dues are due in advance on January 15 of each calendar year. All payment obligations of members to the Association shall be collected by direct debit when due. The rights arising from membership of the Association shall only become effective upon encashment of the direct debit.
§ 5 Organs
Organs of the Dehler 30 OD Class Association are the General Meeting and the Board.
§ 6 General Meeting
The supreme body of the Class Association is the General Meeting.
a) Tasks and rights
- The general meeting is responsible in particular for the following matters:
- Election of an election committee and two treasurers, who report to the assembly and request the discharge of the board of directors
- Approval of the annual report and the annual accounts
- Discharge of the board
- Amendments to the statutes and proposals for changes to the class rules
- Determination of the amount of the annual membership fee
- Approval of the budget prepared by the Executive Board for the next fiscal year (calendar year)
- Decisions about appeals or objections against decisions of the Board of Directors
- Issuing and amending bylaws and regulations on essential issues affecting the Association, unless these are expressly assigned to the Executive Board (general clause)
- Election and dismissal of the members of the Board of Directors
- Dissolution of the Association
- Determination of place and time of the International German Championship -Vote on proposal by the Board.
- Determination of place and time of the International German Championship -Vote on proposal by the Board
- Voting on other proposals by the Board
The General Assembly shall meet at least once a year, preferably in the first quarter of each year, and shall be convened by the Board. The invitation must be sent four weeks in advance in writing to each member or by correspondingly timely announcement on the homepage of the class association www.dehler30onedesign-class.com. It must contain the agenda and the results of the previous year's cash audit report.
Motions of the members must be received by the board at least two weeks before the general meeting. Applications of special urgency are excluded from this. They must be made in writing and must be substantiated in writing. The general meeting decides on the subsequent admission with a simple majority.
An extraordinary general meeting is to be convened within a period of 14 days with a corresponding agenda if
the board of directors decides or one tenth of the voting members of the class association has requested in writing to the chairman in writing.
c) Resolutions of the General Assembly
The ordinary general meeting has a quorum regardless of the number of members present. For an extraordinary general meeting, at least 10% of the ordinary members are required for a quorum.
Each ordinary member has one vote. The transfer of a maximum of 3 votes to another voting member is permitted. It requires the written form.
Resolutions shall be passed by a simple majority of the votes cast, unless otherwise provided for in the Articles of Association. Amendments to the Statutes, proposals for changes to the Class Rules and the dissolution of the Class Association require a 2/3 majority.
Abstentions shall be considered as votes not cast.
Other motions, which are not announced by the agenda, can also only be approved by the general meeting with a 2/3 majority.
In the case of elections and objections to the exclusion of members from the Association, voting shall be by secret ballot at the request of one or more members.
A simple written record of the General Meeting and the resolutions passed shall be prepared by a member present and shall be signed by the Chairperson and the Recording Secretary.
The minutes must contain at least: Place and time of the meeting, the person of the chairman, the auditors, the election officer and the number of members present with voting rights. Furthermore, it should contain the agenda, the individual voting results and the type of vote. In the case of amendments to the statutes and proposals for changes to the class rules, the exact wording shall be reproduced.
§ 7 Board of Directors
1. the executive committee consists of at least three and at most five persons of full age and legal capacity.
The board is composed of:
- the chairperson
- the vice-chairman or vice-chairmen with their own areas of responsibility to be determined by the board (sports director, technical director,...)
- the treasurer
- public relations officer (internet, press etc.)
With the exception of the chairman, all board members can hold a second office.
2. the board is elected for two calendar years
- Chairman and Treasurer always in even years and for the first time in 2022
- Deputy and Public Relations Officer always in odd-numbered years and for the first time in 2023
elected. Re-election is permitted. The members of the Executive Board shall remain in office until a successor has been elected. If a member of the Executive Board resigns prematurely, e.g. through resignation or death, the substitute member of the Executive Board to be elected by the next General Meeting shall only be elected for the remaining term of office of the resigning member.
2. the chairman represents the association judicially and extrajudicially.
3. the board decides with a majority of votes. In the event of a tie, the chairman shall have the casting vote.
4. the chairman calls a meeting of the executive committee if necessary or if two members of the executive committee request it, stating the agenda. He shall chair the board meeting. Minutes of the meeting shall be taken and signed by the minute-taker and the chairman.
§ 8 Treasurers
The Treasurer is elected for two years and supervises the cash transactions and the accounting of the association. For this purpose, they may at any time demand inspection and presentation of the documents required for this purpose as well as necessary information. The board of directors is to be informed immediately and the members are to be informed at the next general meeting about the audits carried out.
§ 9 Data protection
The association collects, processes and uses personal data of its members to fulfill its statutory purposes and tasks in the context of membership administration.
§ 10 Disbanding
In the event of the disbanding of the Association or the discontinuation of its tax-privileged purposes, the assets shall fall to the DGzRS e.V., which shall use them directly and exclusively for charitable purposes. Decisions on the use of the assets may only be carried out after the approval of the responsible financial authority.
The above statutes were adopted on 7.02.2020